JUNE 2017 NEWSLETTER | www.phoenixptg.org
DATE/TIME: Monday, June 5, 2017, 7:00PM
LOCATION: Glenn Brown Piano Rebuilding,
1108 W 19th St, Tempe, AZ 85281
CLASS: "The Ins and Outs of Inharmonicity Part 1 of 2: Inharmonicity as It Affects Temperament and Tuning"
with Jim Coleman, Sr., RPT
1. IMPORTANT: The election of officers for our local chapter will be held at this meeting. Please contact the Chapter Secretary via firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer as an officer and/or nominate a qualified chapter member.
2. Chapter members will be voting on proposed amendments to the PTG Bylaws. Bill Kaye, RPT will be serving as our delegate at the Council session at the "60th Annual PTG Convention & Technical Institute" in St. Louis, MO in July.
If you're interested in teaching a class, please email Bill Kaye, RPT, Phoenix PTG Vice President via email@example.com.
Access our Link List via links.phoenixptg.org. It now includes a growing list of links to other PTG Chapter Websites.
For upcoming events, news, and updates from our neighboring PTG Tucson, AZ Chapter, please visit their website at my.ptg.org/tucson.
1. The election of officers for our local chapter will be held on Monday, June 5th, 2017 at our chapter meeting.
2. We have no nominating committee, but the intent is to keep the same officers unless there are other volunteers / nominations.
3. Bill Kaye, RPT will be our delegate at the 60th Annual PTG Convention & Technical Institute in St. Louis, MO this July.
4. We need to address whether there will be an August chapter meeting / event.
5. We should start exploring options for the December 2017 Holiday Dinner.
Eliot gave us an overview of the process he had to go through to replace the Back Action in a 1906 Steinway A. Then he gave an excellent presentation on how to use the legal system to get paid for work when customers default on payments. In addition, Eliot provided more information regarding his exploration of A432 Hz and the correlation between color and sound.